- This event has passed.
Guest Speaker—Liz Longshore Stephens, MedBank (to be rescheduled)
January 30, 2014 @ 8:15 am - 9:00 am
Liz Longshore Stephens is Executive Director of MedBank. She is a member of the 2012-2013 Leadership Savannah graduating class.
MedBank Foundation, a nonprofit enterprise, strives to improve the quality-of-life and collective health and well-being of the communities it serves. To that end, the organization provides access to vital medications to patients who, for a variety of socioeconomic reasons, otherwise could not obtain them.
MedBank staff and volunteers assist each patient in completing an application for each individual prescription. After applications are signed by the patient and physician, MedBank submits all forms to the appropriate pharmaceutical companies. Each company will send the select medications to the physician’s office, where the patient may pick them up in as little as 10 days. Although MedBank does not provide emergency services, patients released from area hospitals and new patients may qualify for a 30-day supply or until the first shipment of medications arrives for them.
- Patient must be a resident of a participating county in Southeastern and Central Georgia.
- Patient must be diagnosed with a chronic illness (MedBank can apply for neither antibiotics nor narcotics).
- Patient must have NO prescription drug coverage or public entitlement.
- Patient and household members must provide required proof of income
- Patient must meet select company income criteria