- This event has passed.
Guest Speaker — Ben Payne, Principal, Savannah Classics Academy
November 12, 2015 @ 7:15 am - 9:00 am
Ben Payne, principal, Savannah Classics Academy, will share a charter school success story.
We are in for a dynamic presentation and discussion. See these excerpts from Savannah Classics Academy’s website.
Savannah Classical Academy’s Mission
To provide every child with a classical and academically rigorous education while instilling a commitment to civic virtue and moral character.
Savannah Classical Academy’s Vision
We will have a School Culture:
- That creates culturally literate and articulate students who will become active, responsible members of the community and will make a positive contribution to society;
- That Empowers parents to be passionate about the school and its vision;
- That employs a faculty and staff who are passionate about the school’s mission and vision and dedicated to the success of every student;
- That contributes to the revitalization of the surrounding community;
- That uses a curriculum that is classical and academically rigorous;
- That empowers teachers, holding them accountable to engage their students;
- That promotes an interdependent culture among all grade levels; and
- That establishes high expectations and open communication to students and parents.
Savannah Classical Academy’s Philosophy
It is the philosophy of Savannah Classical Academy that all students benefit from a rigorous, content-rich, educational program that develops academic potential and personal character. The school provides an environment that fosters academic excellence through the habits of thoroughness, the willingness to work, and the perseverance to complete difficult tasks. Through a defined traditional, Classical-Liberal curriculum students are prepared to become active, responsible members of their community. … more!